Why Project Recovery?
- One in six projects have an average cost overrun of 200% and a schedule overrun of 70% (Harvard Business Review)
- 66% of Projects overrun on time and/or budget (Standish Group)
- On 17% of large projects the project goes so wrong that it threatens the core business (Gartner)
- David Pitchford, former executive director of the UK Government’s Major Projects Authority, says at least eight current Government projects are at risk of failure.
Does your project need help?
- Typically, our clients have commissioned a project, either using in-house resources, or outsourcing contractors or specialists.
- Then the project grows, expands and changes, gradually becoming out of control and draining money.
- Often, the main contracting team become obstructive
- Getting the project back on track is difficult as teams break down and designers, consultants and contractors start to blame each other
- For the client, a project over budget means money has to be clawed back through net profits.
- Even for a large international company, this will take some considerable time.
We are Project Recovery Specialists, working for clients who have project issues of time, cost or performance. We are a newly formed experienced team, whose expertise has been gained on thousands of projects spanning many industries and including large and small projects. Areas of expertise include:
- Property (new build, refurbishment & fit outs)
- Change (business, merger, relocation)
- Services (air conditioning, mechanical, electrical (internal or mains), fire systems, plumbing, BMS, phones, wifi, IT)
We provide our clients with an independent, no-obligation project review. This will establish critical project facts and bring clarity, perspective and focus to determine the way forward. The project review will investigate and discover:
- If the project is in difficulties, or not
- Identify issues, what’s recoverable, alternatives and costs
- Determine realistic outcomes
- Highlight current weaknesses and strengths
- Create a project recovery road map as a guide to the finish
- Or, one of our own specialised teams will get the project back on track